‘You must be joking,’ my friend, Vimal said.
He couldn’t believe it.
- To find one’s life purpose
- To articulate one’s life meaning
- To make sense of one’s existence
Neither did I. Until…
That Moment When You Ask Yourself… Why?
Everyone comes across it. That moment when you ask yourself… ‘Why?’
Why am I here?
Why do I exist?
What is my purpose in life?
But there is a problem.
The trickiest part is finding one’s why.
For some it is given. They know it. Or at least they make us think they know it. Few others are simply clueless. We know them too.
Rest of us, like you and me, are in between. We think we know, but we may also not know.
What if I told you, You Can Make It in 5 minutes.
My friend, Vimal made it. “Revealing!” he said.
Enter Adam Leipzig.
His TEDx Talk, ‘How to Find Your Life Purpose in 5 minutes’, has more than 6,000,000 views and 55,000 likes on youtube.
Here’s the trick
Answer the following questions:
- Who are you (name)
- What you do/ What you love to do (What one thing you’re supremely qualified to teach other people)
- Who do you do it for? (for whom?)
- What those people want and need? (What do you/ can you give them?)
- How they change as a result (How people change/ transform)
Adam cites inspiring purpose statements.
I write books for children so they fall asleep in the night, so they can have awesome dreams.
I design apparel for men and women who need affordable choices, so they can look and feel their best.
I help entrepreneurs and creative people to take decisive actions, so they can get their greatest work into the world.
It’s like your ‘personal elevator pitch.’
Here is mine.
- research, experiment, collate, write and share ‘profound insights’
- to the 21st century middle-aged people around the world
- on profound insights
- on knowledge (head),
- tools & techniques (hand) and
- inspirations (heart)
- for personal optimisation
- career/ work/ professional
- mental, productivity
- physical health
- social, relationship, emotional,
- spiritual – self-actualization, enlightenment and god realisation (spirituality, philosophy).
“Don’t die with your music still in you” says Dr.Wayne Dyer. Don’t allow yourself to live any life other than the one you were born to live. Find it. Dance to it. Celebrate.
Find your purpose, live your life.
Did you make your Life Purpose? If you can, kindly share your one-line purpose in the comments.