Recently there is quite a number of writing on Stephen Covey’s 4 Quandrant system, inspired by Eisenhower Matrix.
Mark Forster despises the prioritization tasks based on importance. His argument is you cannot analytically focus upon a task. Because you need the buy-in from your emotional brain/ intuitive mind as well.
There is yet another lesser known Quadrant. Mark refers to Ken Blanchard’s (of One-Minute Manager fame) book is called The On-time, On-target Manager (One Minute Manager).
* Have to do, Want to do
* Have to do, Don’t Want to do
* Don’t Have to do, Want to do
* Don’t Have to do, Don’t Want to do
James Altucher talks about moving your ‘Haves list’ to ‘Wants list’.
Resource on Eisenhower Matxix (if you are still interested)
- Time Management Is Overrated – Here’s What to Focus on Instead
- The Procrastination Matrix by Wait But Why